Help us improve AOL Reader by sharing with us any bugs you have encountered!

Number of unread articles is wrong (but right)

On my left-hand side-bar, it says that I have 127 unread articles (in one feed, which is correct) yet when I try viewing them, it only allows me to view the first 20 and nothing else. This appears to be the same for all my Feeds. It was fine 2 days ago but now this is happening. Any reason / help on why this is?
Thanks.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DubnobassDubnobass shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DubnobassDubnobass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,
        This problem seems to be happening again.
        Please fix it, it's making it impossible to use AOLR.
        Thanks

Hi there. Yeah, after checking for the last few days, the problem now seems to be fixed for me also. Thanks for helping.

Hi again, I have just logged in and (for the moment) things appear to be back to normal for me. Is this coincidental or have you been applying a *fix*? If so, what was the issue?
        Hopefully this issue has been permanently resolved for everyone and won't occur again.
        Many thanks.

• EinNameEinName commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same Problem here.On every Feed.
        I can view the newest, and also the oldest, if i chose to view oldest first…

What I mean is, in my categories at the left-hand side of my screen, it informs me how many posts there are to read yet when I click to read them, there is nowhere near that amount that I can view, be they new or previously read posts.
        For example, in one of my feeds, it says that the website has 75 unread posts in the feed, yet when I click to view them (in 'card view' for example, showing feeds on the right) it only shows the newest 24 posts and nothing more. Not even previously read posts.
        I did notice that on the Digital Spy feed which I added just as a tester, things seemed to work perfectly fine but on many other saved webpages / sites, I have the same problem of only being able to see a handful of *recent updates* when attempting to view them.
        I was going to include a screen shot just now but can't seem to find a method of including one here in the reply section.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's also happening for me on a lot of sites, for example cnet.com's feed shows much more unread articles than can be accessed with the aol reader.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Follow us on:

AOL Reader Blog