Help us improve AOL Reader by sharing with us any bugs you have encountered!

Can't login or use keyboard shortcuts anymore on Internet Explorer

Few weeks ago you broke keyboard shortcuts. About a week ago, you broke login proces. When I tap "Sign in", nothing happens.

Should I mention that on Windows Phone 7 it is also totally impossible to log in?

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem started again last week. All the AOL links I've tried on every page work on Windows Phone 8.1 except the Sign In button, which changes color but goes nowhere. Whatever special tricky Java thing AOL is doing to the Sign In button, they should stop. Just make it a hyperlink!

• George Krawczyk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have IE 11 running on a fully-patches Windows 7 desktop. When I click 'Sign in' nothing happens. It works using Firefox and it also works on a Windows 8.1 IE 11 laptop! Very frustrating!

• Jeromey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IE 11 on Windows 8.1 64-bit does not work. Keyboard shortcuts stopped working before the latest update and now I can't even sign in.

• Kenny Mclachlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue with the sign in and sign up buttons on the main page is still happening even today. The buttons will not respond even though all other links on the page seem to work.

I'm on windows 7 and IE9. Tried compatibility view but that broke the site completely.

Please advise asap.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was anxiously waiting for the reader to go live. When it finally does and I try to log in nothing happens. I click on the Log in link and nothing happens... at all. I am on windows surface rt. the app doesn't work on my iphone 4s either.

• Bob F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same problem others here describe. I am using Windows 8.1 with IE 11 on a Microsoft Surface Pro. The "Sign In" button does not respond to either taps or touchpad clicks. The other links work ok. The problem occurs with both the IE 11 Metro app and the IE 11 desktop program.

I can bypass the AOL Reader page by signing into on the AOL page and then proceed to AOL Reader. Unfortunately, even when I get to AOL Reader none of the links on the page respond to taps or touchpad clicks, so I still can't read my subscribed blogs. When I use the touchpad to move the mouse cursor over a link it correctly turns into a pointing hand icon indicating the hyperlink is recognized, but the link can not be activated. In fact, double tapping/clicking a word in a link selects (i.e., highlights) the word as if it were ordinary text.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 8.1 IE 11 broke for me yesterday after a Windows update. I cannot click the "Sign in" button on the home screen. The update brought me to IE version: 11.0.9600.16476 Update Version 11.0.2 KB2898785

• Speed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The potential fix didn't fix the problem. Logon still doesn't work on Surface PRO, Windows 8.1, IE 11.

• Marc A. Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I managed to get logged in by going to the main AOL page (not the main reader page) but was unable to navigate to any feed items once I got ask to the reader. Again, this is IE 11 on Windows 8.1 RT.

• Marc A. Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue on Win 8.1 RT/IE 11. Tapping the sign in button results in either 'Sign' or 'in' being highlighted but no action taking place. Tapping links other than the sign in button works as expected.

• Speed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot login on a Surface Pro, Windows 8.1, IE 11. I am able to login on a non-touch Dell desktop computer, Windows 8.1 and IE 11. I am able to login on a Dell All-In-One (touchscreen), Windows 8.1 and IE 11.

The Surface Pro problem occurs whether touching the "login" button or clicking on it using the trackpad.

The above is current as of five minutes ago.

• Paul Liebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last week Fri/Sat I attempted to log into my AOL Reader and noticed that I couldn't click the "Sign In" button either. I was on my Surface device so I thought there was something weird about that so I went to my PC (Running Windows 8.1 with IE 11) and I had the exact same experience there. This has worked previously for as I use IE as my main browser. I decided to try Chrome with AOL Reader and it worked successfully. I tested AOL Reader with IE 9 this morning and work and I was able to log in successfully.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Follow us on:

AOL Reader Blog