You can improve...

Unread count is still wrong

Hi,

There has been many similar reports but they all seem to be closed or completed and issue should have been fixed. But it isn't.

In my case I have a feed where AOL reader says that there are 0 unread articles. It's written both in the left side navigation after the feed name and also in the header above articles. But still there are three unread articles when I click the feed.

I have tried (ctrl) refresh but the issue is still there.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jouko Rautanen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus sometimes in left column reader output number of unread articles > 0, but when trying to read them -> "No Unread Articles"

• Jouko Rautanen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now few days later the issue is still there.

And there's also a problem with loading articles. If I have a lot of unread articles in some feed, usually AOL Reader loads some of them and but not all. It seems that articles are loaded randomly, i.e. if I reload the same feed again I may get different list of articles.

This and the "There was an error while retrieving your articles" error makes using reader really frustrating.

• Jouko Rautanen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edit: I don't know if this is related but I get a lot of "There was an error while retrieving your articles" errors. It doesn't happen all the time but several times a day anyway.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Follow us on:

AOL Reader Blog