You can improve...

New mobile version on ipad is awful... What I used to do with 1 tap now takes 3. Have option in settings for desktop view.

New mobile view on my iPad not nearly as good as old desktop view. For example, marking all articles read in a feed now takes 3 taps instead of one. Generally it all requires more tapping which is unnecessary because the iPad has plenty of screen real estate.

Why not give user a choice of views by having a desktop view option in settings? Desktop view worked great on iPad until your most recent update

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlAl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The switch back button doesn't work! I hate this version. Why can't you just leave tablet users alone? It takes 3 to 4 clicks to answer a message and it is so slow it's like remedial typing

I hate this version on my IPad want it go back to the web mail version switch back button gone this really sucks

• BeccaBecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of a sudden I cannot switch from the new version of aol mail (which I hate) on my Ipad to the old version. I used to be able to go to settings and then there was an option to switch back. Going back to my Gmail account if this continues!!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will leage the aol reader if ipad Version and links are Not working again. This is too much limitation for users. Pls Update the Status at least.

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Click on the article link to be taken to a new tab to read the full article. Doesn't do anything.

• MarianaMariana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version is awful! After choosing aol reader i'm thinking about changing it back for other reader.

• Jim HirschingerJim Hirschinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really?! Taking up the left quarter of the iPad screen for a menu???!!! Change the iPad version back! All it needed was the ability to change the list font size.

• GordonGordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The three pane, desktop version, is good on iPad. Significantly superior to the latest release.

• Hazriq IshakHazriq Ishak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is! At least give us option to switch to desktop version! Or iPad version application please?

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was fixed in the other feedback item but now it's back with still no option to switch to non mobile. I'm guessing you're going responsive but this is not working. Links also don't seem to work.

The iPad shouldn't be treated like an iPhone - please restore the old functionality.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Follow us on:

AOL Reader Blog