You can improve...

IPad mobile view

Before yesterday your iPad view of reader was just about perfect... It worked well and matched the desktop view. Now you have chosen to use a mobile device view and it is a terrible experience. Please go back to what you were using or provide a choice setting that allows me to go back to the original desktop view. I had settled on AOL Reader as my replacement for Google Reader but this change makes AOL Reader unusable for me. One word for this change... AWFUL. Maybe ok on iPhone, but not on iPad.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlAl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Charles Martorelli Charles Martorelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way I can have the desktop verson on the iPad like it was before the change. Otherwise I have to find not her service for my iPad
        Thanks

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now it's back to mobile view? Links don't work and no way to get back to non mobile view.

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking great on iPad now. The controls for navigating on the side work much better. Thanks! Would be great to see a preview below the font selection.

• AlAl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for fixing this.

I do think what you are currently offering is very good to excellent. A couple of suggestions that would make the experience a little better:

1) The location and possibly size of the 'mark all read' check mark.

2) Allowing the resizing of the feed sidebar. I know this has been previously suggested.

• Michael GemarMichael Gemar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree -- the change to just a "list" view is completely unusable on an iPad. The original default web version was just fine. If this doesn't change back very soon, I'll have to abandon AOL Reader for some other solution, as the current format just doesn't work for me.

• ibillnibilln commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too small everywhere except desktop. Did anyone try this on a -phone-?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Follow us on:

AOL Reader Blog