What features would you like to see on AOL Reader

Remember login session across browser restarts

Right now if you close and reopen browser with AOL Reader, AOL will require you to sign in again. This is annoying, please keep the cookies and let me just get to the Reader when I reopen the browser.

768 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alex KAlex K shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AOL Reader Help DeskAdminAOL Reader Help Desk (Admin, AOL Reader) responded  · 

Hi,

We are currently looking into implementing this feature. We understand the importance of accessing your reader with ease and hope you can bear with us while we sort out the possibilities of implementing this.

Thank you for your input and support,
    The AOL Reader Team

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GlockGlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not specific to the mobile browser version, it's the same on the desktop version and it's a security. If you want something that remembers you, just know that AOL Reader have an official iOS app, and it keeps you logged in.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesterday I tried out AOL Reader for the first time and I loved it! Right now, on the second day using AOL Reader, I'm already thinking of moving away, only because of this issue!

I just spent an hour to get my browser (Firefox) to remember my login or password for this site... without any success.

• DubnobassDubnobass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh come on AOL, fix this issue. It's a MAJOR bug-bear for all of us.
        It's not as if it's a difficult 'fix' yet it clearly should be a priority here. Many people are going to be migrating to other feed-readers based on your refusal to address the issue. Not good :((

• MohammadMohammad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys move to Feedly. AOL Reader never gonna be a good reader with this speed of updating.

• eddynateddynat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have settled this problem since many months ago. See amongst my two previous posts and read how I did it...
        Regards

I have settled this problem since many months ago. See amongst my two previous posts and read how I did it...
        Regards

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like the AOL reader. I switch from using NetVibes after Google Reader shutdown. But the log on is very annoying to say the least. I really want to seen an iOS platform.

• Sal Del CastilloSal Del Castillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still having to re-login at every browser restart. This should not be rocket since. Unless it's something about my browser configuration as it interacts with this single site, I really don't understand why this is still an issue well into 2014. I'm about to give up and go elsewhere for what is worth it.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly annoying. How hard Vanir be to fix this already?

• Jim DJim D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep my browser open all day so this is not a huge issue for me BUT since it is a simple issue not to dump cookies remind me why this isn't taken care of?

• RHPTRHPT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plesae update on this issue. Especially annoying when using Google to sign-in

• Roger BonineRoger Bonine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, my other item was merged with this one today. I just want to note that this was working fine for me until the recent update. I was previously asked to sign in every few days, but now I'm asked every time I access the site.

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is the main reason I stopped using AOL Reader.
        too much of a hassle.

To mta and all other:
        Waiting that the problem solved, try this tip given by Matt Jacobi
        Instead of making your bookmark "reader.aol.com", make it the appropriate login link. For example, if you log in with Google, right click on the Google log in icon, copy the location, and make that your bookmark location. I've been doing that for weeks and it works great.
        Regards

• mtamta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be high priority to take care of. AOL reader seems like the best option currently except for this one, very annoying, quirk.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Follow us on:

AOL Reader Blog